Sunday 29 March 2015

Mini Sale Buys


When it comes to make-up I don't have the biggest budget. Recently I have been hearing a lot about Barbara Daily, from the Tesco Beauty range. I have tried a few things before and so when I was last there I went to have a look and they had a huge sale on, lipsticks for only £3.50, lip crayons for £2.50 and so on. 



I decided that I should just get myself a few things because I rarely do and for so cheap I could justify it. The Rimmel London Provocalips was my one splurge and I have wanted one since they were released but other than that every item was under £4. I got all of this for under £12.99 and considering the Provocalips is £6.99 that's pretty damn good!



I got the Provocalips in the colour 310 - Little Minx. It wasn't the original colour I wanted but was the best one they had. I still love it, I love the way they feel and the staying power really is incredible, the colour is so bright and gorgeous. Next I bought the Barbara Daily Lip Melt / Sheer Lip Colour, this is one thing I was slightly disappointed about, the shade is Cherry Bomb and the colour looks amazing a bright red but when it comes out it's pink, bright pink, the colour is still lovely but not what I wanted as the other two I purchased are pink. Nevertheless it glides on so nicely and really does feel like a melt its so soft. Lastly I got the Barbara Daily Cream Colour lipstick in Crimson this is a pretty pink colour and the packaging is one of my favourites of any lipstick with the silver mirror effect. It's such a nice texture with good staying length. 



I also purchased a Barbara Daily Nail Varnish in a stunning brown colour, I love browns on my nails. This is such thick consistency so goes on nicely and only needs two or three layers which I think is good considering it was under £4. The shade is 'Whimsy'.



I also got the even smoother eye primer, I haven't actually tried it on with my makeup but I did test it on my hand, I love the colour it's good for my pale skin but the texture of this is like just before something dries out and it goes all bumpy, I don't know if this is just cause I got it from the sale section and so it's drying out so I may have to repurchase a new one. I then got two of the long wear eyeshadows, this is the product I have tried before and so was excited to find more colours. I got 'Shell' which is the centre colour and then 'Shimmer Sand' on the right. They are gorgeous colours, both nude shades, both shimmery and create a lovely effect on the eyes. 



This is the other colour I bought a while back, it's called black marble and is really good when trying to create a smoky eye because these shadows are so easy to blend and work with. I'd highly recommend them.

I hope this helps if you're on a lower budget and are just looking to buy some other make-up, these are all good products to play with creating different make-up looks when on a budget.


Thanks for reading
Love mads
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment