Wednesday 30 April 2014

Ombre Nails

Hello lovelies!
So, today I have a nail tutorial for you.
This is something that I have seen floating around since the ombre craze began, however rather than having the ombre affect from dark to light on each individual nail I've decided to use all the nails as a collective to create the ombre affect.



Dark Ombre Effect
This is the first effect I tried and I used silver, grey and black. Obviously I have only used three nails to show you this effect but to complete a full hand I would use a white before the silver and a darker grey between the light grey and black.
Silver: Sinful Colors Professional - Queen Of Beauty
Grey: Fcuk NG90 1WW (nothing else stated)
Black: Collection - Liquorice
This is my favourite effect I created, I love these colours, they match any outfit easily without standing out too much. The glitter gives really good coverage, I'm not as keen on the Fcuk grey and wouldn't recommend it, it gives a really nice shiny effect but it does chip really easy and usually has come off within a matter of days however on the other hand the Collection black does what it says on the bottle it has a very good 10 day wear and I would highly recommend it.

Blue Ombre Effect
I then tried this second effect with some blue nail varnishes I picked up in Manchester. To complete this look on a full hand I would again use a white before the confetti affect and then a darker blue at the end or an alternative would be to use the dark blue and the confetti together before or after where the dark blue is now. 
Confetti: Barry M - Confetti Effect Bubblegum
Light Blue: Barry M - Gelly Guava
Dark Blue: Barry M - Gelly Blackberry
I really love the effects these nail varnishes give, they stand out a lot more than the first varnishes I used, the Gelly varnishes give such a flawless finish and don't chip as easy as I find other nail varnishes tend to. The confetti also gives such a nice effect but is hard to lather on and takes a few coats to give a good finish or else you end up with patches that the confetti hasn't covered and it looks rather bare.

There are many other colour variations you can use to create this affect such as light pinks to reds or lilacs to purples.

I hope you enjoyed this post and it gave you some inspiration for your nails.

If you have any questions or suggestions please don't be afraid

to contact me/reply to this post.
Thankyou

2 comments:

  1. ooo loving the Light Blue: Barry M - Gelly Guava!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's so nice isn't it!you should get it!:)

    ReplyDelete